Product Manager Milpitas – USA
As the Product Manager of the Innovation Team, you are responsible of providing the business direction/ leadership to innovation concepts/ projects happening at Milpitas innovation lab (Silicon Valley based innovation center). Defining business centric use cases for each concept, liaising with various business, operations and engineering teams to understand their activities, set-up & conduct demos to various stakeholders, plan & manage concept pilots are also part of your responsibility.
- Take the ownership of defining the business roadmap for various innovation concepts/ field tests ranging from short to long term.
- Work closely with innovation leadership and offshore innovation teams to understand ongoing innovation concepts.
- Brainstorm and develop business pitches and demo scripts with the help of other product managers and BAs.
- Provide clear direction and maintain an effective communication with offshore engineering and business analysis teams.
- Conduct demos to various stakeholders including senior management to convince the business value.
- Support and coordinate the deployment of innovation concepts with the help of relevant teams.
- Manage the feedback received during concept demos/ pilots and share with relevant teams and also adjust the roadmaps and direction.
- Derive new innovation concepts based on the business operations, market trends,consumer insights and enterprise needs.
- Work with external vendors to understand value of the their solutions and to setup demos depending on the need.
- Liaise closely with client’s business teams to understand their operations, issues and brainstorm effective innovative solutions.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently by creatively tackling and overcoming the challenges.
- Strong passion towards following the latest technology/ market/ innovation trends in the industry.
- Be responsive, available and the ability to handle multiple engagements methodically.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional/ offshore teams in a matrix organization.
- Solid project/ program management ability.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree (preferred) or IT Degree or equivalent in the relevant field of study.
- 5+ years hands on experience in various software product/ concept developments, Business Analysis, customer requirements management and software product selling/ marketing.
- Experience in agile and lean software development methodologies.
- Experience in working in the retail domain will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to latest technology development or innovation will be an added advantage.