Project / Program Manager Milpitas – USA
As a Project/ Program Manager, you will bring clarity to ambiguous situations through communication, facilitation and problem solving. You will play a key role in delivering high impact, strategically aligned products, while managing scope, timeline, budget and cross-functional dependencies. You will partner with Engineering and Product leadership to optimize resources and enjoy working with a motivated and high performing team of local and overseas engineers. You will own the project plan and communicate project progress to all levels of the organization– delivery status, risks, issues, mitigation plans and impacts to the product roadmap.
- Work with product, program and engineering teams to identify appropriate status, monitoring and management structure for various project types which can include PoC, Field Test, Pilot and Production projects.
- Create a project/ scrum plan for each delivery cycle highlighting releases and if needed scaling up to program level delivery plans.
- Methodically drive the projects in agile and high demand environments by understanding the nature of the project and the need.
- Engage with offshore program, engineering and product teams and eliminate any ambiguity by clear communication and setting right expectations.
- Chair program meetings and ensure consistent follow up till closure of agreed actions.
- Timely status reporting at all levels and escalate project risk and issues as appropriate.
- Optimal management of project resources to ensure delivery within budgets.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively manage both short and long-term projects.
- Ability to effectively set expectations to various stakeholders.
- Experience working with many types of tech (hardware, software…) with quick/ agile deliverables for customer facing type applications.
- Experience managing software/ hardware development for client facing apps is a plus.
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile development processes.
- Experience working with multiple SDLC methodologies.
- Experience with JIRA, process development, and Client/ Consulting model is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of progressive project management experience.