Lead SE / Tech LeadMilwaukee – USA
As a Lead Software Engineer/Tech Lead, you are responsible to lead the design, development and implementation of pilot & production projects of a top tier company in retail industry. You will be part of the team who is transforming cutting edge and innovative tech concepts into robust and scalable solutions using various technology stacks. You will be required to interact with various business, infra, engineering, security and performance teams when driving the technical solutions in an agile environment. In addition, you will be collaborating with teams from various business entities, operations and engineering teams to understand their activities, build relationships and to evaluate how innovation can provide value by defining business-centric use cases with the help of the product owners and leading the technical solutions.
- Lead design, development and implementation efforts related to various innovation/pilot/production projects.
- Closely work with offshore engineering and delivery teams to collectively carve out the solution.
- Introduce and adhere to best engineering practices.
- Produce and maintain engineering documentation.
- Guarantee the engineering quality by proper unit/integration tests.
- Engage and drive engineering reviews and discussions such as architecture, design, code, performance, security, etc with relevant internal and client teams.
- Rapid prototyping of ideas / solutions by choosing the most suited technology stack and design while closely interacting with the Tech Lead, Data Scientist, Product Managers and other teams.
- Perform critical analysis and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Work with external vendors to understand the technology/solution offering, evaluate and setup demos.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Strong software engineering skills and hands on development in one or more programming languages such as Java, .NET
- Experience in CI/CD processes, cloud infrastructure and staging environments.
- Experience in GIT.
- Experience in developing robust and scalable enterprise software applications.
- Exposure into mobile application development using Android, iOS or Windows Mobile will be an added advantage.
- Ability to quickly grasp a new technology and to use it for rapid prototyping and also building robus enterprise applications.
- Exposure into electronics/embedded systems will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse teams.
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently by creatively tackling and overcoming the challenges.
- Strong fashion towards following the latest technology/market/innovation trends in the industry.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience of which at least 3+ years of experience as lead engineer/tech lead/architect.
- Experience in agile and lean software development methodologies.
- Experience in working in the retail domain will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to latest technology development will be an added advantage.